When it comes to choosing a photographer, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider what type of photography you need. Do you need a wedding photographer, a newborn photographer, or a family photographer? Once you know what type of photography you need, start your search for a photographer. Look for photographers who specialize in the type of photography you need and read reviews from past clients. Once you have a few photographers in mind, reach out to them and ask for pricing information. When you have a budget in mind, you can start to narrow down your options. Once you have a few photographers you are considering, schedule a consultation to meet them in person and see their portfolio. After meeting with each photographer, you should have a good idea of which one you would like to work with.
1. Establish a budget and make sure the photographer's fees fit within it.
2. Have a clear idea of the style of photography you want.
3. Ask to see the photographer's portfolio to get an idea of their previous work.
4. Make sure the photographer is available on your chosen date.
5. Discuss the logistics of the day with the photographer in advance.
6. Agree on a list of must-have shots.
7. Make sure the photographer is insured.
8. Ask about the photographer's backup plan in case of equipment failure.
9. Find out how long it will take to receive the edited photos.
10. Get everything in writing!