History of Bristlecone Inn – Estes Park, Colorado
J. Frank Grubb built this home in 1909 while working as a carpenter on the construction of the Stanley Hotel. He operated the “Big Red Barn” livery on Elkhorn Avenue until 1938. Grubb purchased from F.O. Stanley the original water system in Estes Park, which later became the Estes Park municipal water system. J. Frank Grubb was born in Colorado in 1874. He lived in the house with his wife, Ivy and 3 children – Alice, Harry and Marjorie.
There is now a cabin on site which served as the Forest Service quarters which was built in 1909, it once stood at Deer Ridge Junction in Rocky Mountain National Park before the park was established. It was moved to its present location in 1966.